Just one little photo on Instagram could win you a some goodies from Australian of the Year Adam Goodes, a year’s supply of chocolate or a hot off the press new album from some of Australia’s best music acts. FACT.
What’s the catch? Nothing! It’s just how we roll as part of the Close the Gap Student Photo Challenge! That’s right, not only will you be lending your creative skills spread the message about National Close the Gap Day, you also have the chance to win one of these prizes for your efforts!
We are super excited to announce the awesome prizes on offer. Get excited, we have the magic trinity of chocolate, football and music all covered!
Footy fanatics, you could be the proud owner of:
- A signed football and poster from the legend that is Australian of the Year Adam Goodes
- A signed AFL GWS Giants jumper
- A signed NRL Indigenous All Stars 2013 jumper
Chocoholics and foodies will be after:
- A year’s supply of fair-trade chocolate (52 blocks, don’t eat it all at once!)
And music lovers will enjoy:
- A John Butler Trio and Dan Sultan Pack – including signed copies of their bran’ spanking new albums, a JBT t-shirt and a Close the Gap t-shirt
- A Elefant Traks Pack – including albums from Jimblah, Sietta, Horrorshow, The Tongue and Urthboy, plus a hoodie and a couple of t-shirts for good measure
So, how do you enter for a chance to get your hands on that year’s supply of choccy, I hear you ask?!
Every day during the week of March 17-21, students around Australia will have a chance to win one of our epic prizes. On each day of the week, there is a different theme for you to interpret, channel that inner artist in you and create an eye-catching photo.
Then, each day of the photo challenge, our four favourite photos will be crowned The Daily Deadly Four and shared on our Instagram page! At the end of the week, those most Deadly of photos will then be in the running to win one of the prizes!
It’s super easy to get involved:
- Simply use your instagram account to follow @closethegapcampaign.
- Follow the days and themes listed below, get creative and take a photo according to the theme of the day.
- Post your photo on instagram and make sure you hashtag #ctgstudents to enter your photo into the competition – this is super important!
- Check out other students entries from all over the nation by searching the hashtag #ctgstudents on Instagram.
Get thinking about these following themes:
Day 1 (Monday 17th March): 3 things: Red, yellow and black
You guessed it, the colours of the Aboriginal flag! Get creative, find something red, yellow and black today and share a photo of it.
Day 2 (Tuesday 18th March): Gap
Take a photo of a gap somewhere… It could be a gap in a fence, a gap in someone’s teeth, or something totally different. Easy!
Day 3 (Wednesday 19th March): 2030
We want Indigenous health equality to be achieved by 2030. How can you represent this year? Spell out the year creatively, create a picture of what you think Australia might look like, the options are endless!
Day 4 (Thursday 20th March): The big day
NCTGD is here! Wherever you are, whatever you did, we want to see it! Snap and share a photo of how you marked NCTGD.
Day 5 (Friday 21st March): Equal
Equality is what we’re striving for, right? How can you represent this in an awesome and interesting way?
For more info and the rules of the challenge check this out. See you on Instagram! We can’t wait to see what you create. Good luck, have fun, get creative, and hashtag #ctgstudents
Ps – Not completely sure what Close The Gap Day is all about? Or know, but want to spend 73 seconds watching something really quite cool? Have a look at this handy little animated guide.
About the Author
Laura Campbell loves the outdoors, playing soccer, running, reading, travel and drinking tea! Her favourite time of day is the hour just before the sun is setting. She is loving volunteering at Oxfam and believes kindness is the most important quality!